Monday, July 04, 2011

Bowling Ball Art

I've been wanting to do this since seeing the gorgeous works of art done by a lady at my Florida park. They were honestly breathtakingly beautiful and I have no hope of matching her skill but at least I can do a simple one. I posted a request for a bowling ball on Facebook and darned if my neighbor doesn't have one she'll part with. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have one or more of these balls tucked away in their basements and don't realize how lovely they can make them.

I didn't think it would be easy to find old bowling balls but I didn't think it would be near impossible. I could kick myself for not buying the one I saw at a yard sale in Florida this past winter...that's the only one I've seen at yard sales. People probably don't think they're worth anything but they haven't seen "bowling ball art".

I can't wait to obtain my neighbor's ball (LOL!) and turn it into a thing of beauty. Sorry, Steve, but I just had to say it.

No comments: