Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Lip Hurts

The cream I have to use on this lip skin cancer is causing havoc with the rest of my mouth. My lips are swollen and scabby and I don't want to go outside looking like this. People will think I have some kind of contageous disease!

Donna and Faye came over today for our Swedish weaving and it was nice having the company, especiall since I want to stay home anyway. Kim phoned to see if I'd like to go out on Friday to a movie but I just don't feel comfortable going out at all. My lips are not exactly paining me but there is a degree of discomfort all of the time, mainly from the swelling on everything but the darned sore. I don't know how I'm going to put up with this treatment for another 9 weeks but, from what I've gathered on the internet, it should all start to improve after a month...3 weeks to go!!

What with the intense heat outside and the swollen and scabby mouth, I'm getting a lot of work done on Matt and Sandra's afghan. What sometimes takes up to 2 months and even longer is now being accomplished in half that time because I can't just sit and watch T.V. when I'm home. I estimated that I put in about 4 hours of Swedish weaving a day and that's a better use of time than hunkering down and watching crap on T.V.

I'm not sure I can enter Nicole's afghan at the Simcoe fair because they seem to have a limit on the size of an entry...55" x 70", and my afghans are about 55" x 82"(I'm guessing because I know they start out at 60" wide x 90" long before they're washed and shrunk). If I can't enter an afghan, I'll enter one of my Swedish weaving runners. Any way, it will be a fun thing to do.

I suggested to Faye and Donna that they enter one of their afghans at the fair either this year or next. Faye, of course, is a real expert and Donna is well on her way to being one. It's nice to see how confident she has become and the afghan she's working on now is gorgeous. We all yak a lot on our Tuesday get-togethers but we work hard, too, and learn from each other.

At the park in Florida, we have a larger group that gathers to do Swedish weaving and it's amazing how much we really do learn from each other. Everyone seems to come up with new ideas or better ways of doing things that we all want to try. There are no prima donnas and no bickering, just a bunch of ladies talking and crafting and helping.

Nice life!




No comments: