Monday, August 15, 2011

Maybe Surgery

I saw the cosmetic surgeon today and was a bit disappointed, but not surprised, to have him say he thinks it's skin cancer on my lip, too. I'm having a biopsy done next Monday which will be the deciding factor on whether or not surgery is required. The surgery is kind of ugly with the lip being cut in a V almost down to the top of my chin but the finished product leaves almost no scar after 3 months.

I'm not one bit worried about a bit of a scar but I am worried about how to keep the site clean until it heals. I'm assuming that I won't be able to eat well so maybe that means I'll lose a few pounds. Every time I think, "why me?", I count my blessings that it wasn't something worse. I'll get through this.

The surgeon told me not to use the Aldara again and I'm very thankful for that. It is a wicked concoction that I hope I never have to use ever again.

Into each life comes trials and tribulations and this is one of mine.

No comments: