Monday, August 08, 2011

War

I'm so tired of reading or hearing about more lives lost because of war. There doesn't seem much doubt that human beings are basically warfaring people because most of us are either at war with weapons or arguing among ourselves. Nothing has changed since the beginning of time and I doubt we will ever change. It's very disheartening.

When I find a good, gentle soul to commune with, it gives me a tiny bit of hope for the future but they are so few and far between. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm one of those good, gentle souls but only that it's what I wish I could become. That's what we all should be reaching for instead of power and riches.

There is so much misery in this world, so much destruction and perversion that I often just want out. I guess this is one of my "down" days because I'm allowing myself to become depressed with the whole human race. It makes me wonder why we even exist if so many of us are capable of causing so much harm.

Oh well, maybe one day in my afterlife I'll know the answer to that one.

No comments: