Sunday, October 02, 2011

Found

I know I've been in this house for a lot of years but it's still kind of odd to find something I had no idea was there or even where it came from. I rearranged my closet (kind of a walk-in) a few years ago so the item I found must have been noticed by me then so I don't know why it surprised me to find it yesterday.

There is a large queen sized quilt still hanging in the dry cleaner's bag at one end of the closet and I moved it slightly while hanging up some clothes. Behind it was a keyboard. Now where the heck had that come from and why was it in my closet? It's at times like this that I wonder if Alzheimers (spelled right?) is setting in. How many people have a keyboard in the back of their closet??

I brought it downstairs and managed to foist it off on Cindy (but she forgot the framed print I also gave her)...she can do whatever she wants with it, even drop it off at the local Salvation Army if she chooses. I'd thought I'd gotten rid of most of the extraneous stuff I had in this house but here was a bloomin' keyboard that I had absolutely no need for! I'm sort of wondering how much more is in the house that will surprise me when I discover it.

We do accumulate too many things along the way that we might need for a moment but not a lifetime. I really do need to have another yard sale in the spring and scour this house more carefully.

No comments: