Sunday, October 02, 2011

Jammy Day

I did something today that I haven't done in ages...I stayed in my jammies all day. It was rainy out and I wasn't going to be leaving the house because of my icky lip so I decided to just leave my jammies on. I remember when I used to enjoy the odd time I was able to do this but I just felt kind of unkempt all day. I'm not sick so I didn't need to sleep and walking around in jammies while I made my lunch and dinner just didn't feel right.

My lip hurt a lot today so I'll ask the doctor tomorrow for a topical analgesic. There's no sense in hurting when there is help available.

I've also had the furnace on for the last couple of days because I'm afraid to get a chill and catch a cold. I can't continue the radiation treatments if I'm sick and there's no way I want to stop them before their scheduled finish on October 13th. It's supposed to start warming up again tomorrow, though, so I can turn the furnace off then. I usually don't worry at all about catching a cold because I rarely get one. About once a year is normal for me. I haven't had a cold in over a year and my goal is to at least make it to Shelley's in November before one catches up with me. It's very comforting to have a nurse in training to be a nurse practitioner in the family.

Well, I think I'll stop playing on the computer and take it easy until bedtime. LOL!

No comments: