Thursday, November 10, 2011

The "Lip" and the "Car"

Life isn't the best for me right now. I should get my car back today but the cost is high...about $2000 to have the transmission fixed. I felt I had no other choice because i need a reliable car to get arounbd while I'm in Florida and then I need to be able to get back home in April. I'd planned to get a new car next summer anyway and the Honda would be sold but I don't want to sell a car that has a serious problem so the transmission had to fixed at whatever cost.
All this stress has brought out a few rashes on my face (this always happens to me if I'm stressed) so, combined with the big scab on my lip (now only half size, though), I look like I've been in a terrible accident. I really need a good rest!!
If the car is ready early enough this afternoon, I'll be heading to the park but if it's too late in the day I'll stay another night with Shelley. It's no hardship staying in this lovely house with lovely family, one of whom is a great cook. I guess I'm lucky in most ways so I'd better stop complaining.
I'm looking forward to getting to the park and meeting up with old friends again. My trailer has been cleaned inside and out so all I need to do is clean up the garden and plant the geraniums I brought down with me...if they're still alive. They're in a clear bag, wrapped in wet paper towels, in the back seat of my car. I can only hope they survived. Oh well!
Now I'll just relax at Shelley's until I know about the car. Not a bad life.

No comments: