Friday, November 04, 2011

We Made It!

Shelley and I got to her house in Tampa about 7 P.M. last night and I was able to take a quick look at her gorgeous yard just before it got too dark. It's like a dream yard...tiled patios, pool, hot tub, and lush Floridian foliage. The house is huge with tons of latin character.
John, who's growing a beard, mustache, and longer hair, and Shelley gave me a tour of the house which was built in 1925 with a large addition built on some time later. I love the old world charm of this place and hope they won't modernize it too much. If there's any flaw with this house it's the fact that it sits at the corner of a busy street and the traffic noise is bad. There is a line of tall, thick bushes between the property and the busy street but it doesn't seem to help much so the plan is to build a high wall there.
They have a houseguest named Rachel who is a sweetheart...she and I went to an estate sale today while Shelley took Nicole to the dentist to remove her wisdom teeth. John was off to work and Jake was off to school for the day. Jake is getting so tall! I asked him if he'd be embarrassed to go out for dinner with his "barnacle face" Gramma but he said he didn't mind at all. I hope he's not just being polite. I removed the scab today and it still looks awful but slightly better than the last time. I am one of the few people who can honestly say I'm getting better every day...at least in some ways, right?
Being in Florida again is so comfortable for me because it's like coming home again, only it's to my southern home. I'm anxious in a way to get to the park to see all my buddies but I'm very happy to be spending time at Shelley's for the next week. It will give me a chance to become familiar with her house and the surrounding area. I don't venture too far but I still like to be able to drive around and then find my way back.
Well, I still have no appetite and haven't eaten yet today so I'd better get something into my stomach. I'm wondering what will happen to my weight when the appetite returns. That's a scary thought!

No comments: