Saturday, December 10, 2011

Aloe

For most of my adult years, whenever I was upset, my face would break out in rashes on various locations. Lately, not only have I been plagued with this darned scab on my lip but my face broke out pretty severely, too. I do have a prescription cream from the dermatologist that I use when this happens but it's back home so I was at a loss as to what to do about the rashes. Then I remembered that the juices inside the leaves of the aloe plant is supposed to work miracles on skin conditions and even sores. I happen to have aloe plants growing wild outside my trailer.

I went out and cut off one leaf and brought it in the house, placed it in a baggie to keep in the fridge. First I cut off a small piece and peeled the outer layer back to expose the sort of slimy innards, this is what I applied to the areas that were reddened by rashes...they really looked awful, by the way. Immediately, I noticed the redness fading away and by morning the rashes were almost completely cleared up. I had no idea that aloe was this powerful but I plan on using it all winter and even bringing home one of the baby plants that spring out beside the mother plant.

Isn't nature fascinating?

No comments: