Friday, December 30, 2011

Anybody Got A Gun?




Well, on top of all my bloody problems, now I've got "pink eye". This is the first year I've come to Florida without having 100% health coverage (this year I have $1000 deductible) and it cost me $120 to see a doctor this morning.

I noticed yesterday that the whites of my eyes were terribly bloodshot so I paid $7 to buy Visine. This morning they were still awfully red so I hiked myself over to a clinic, not daring to wait until after the new year, and saw a very nice doctor who gave me a prescription and told me I needed to lose weight. He could have omitted the last part because it has nothing to do with my eyes, damn it.

Off I went to Walmart to fill the prescription and was delighted and amazed to find it only cost me a total of $4. What kind of antibiotic costs $4?? Did the pharmacist think I was a welfare patient? I know I look like a rummy with these red eyes but gosh darn!

I'm staying away from my buddies for the rest of the weekend because "pink eye" can be contageous. Barb braved the germs and did come over to my place for a coffee but I kept my distance.

Now for some interesting news. Joann bought a shabby lazy susan a few years ago for us to use when we play cards. Sometimes there are so many of us we have to use the big round table and most of us can't reach into the middle. Therefore, we put the cards on the lazy susan and move it around from player to player. Last night someone noticed a distinct image of Jesus on the tray. It's in imitation woodgrain but unbelievably real so I bugged Joann to let me put it on Ebay. If someone will pay good money to buy a potato chip with the image of Jesus, our lazy susan might be a big hit. Anyway, we will gain a week of fun out of this even if it never sells. Take fun wherever you find it!

Now, this potentially contageous woman is going to stay home for a few days and play on the computer.

No comments: