Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eucerin Aquaphor

When I went to the drugstore (Walgreens) the other day for Visine, I also ended up buying "Aquaphor" healing ointment to use on the rash on my face. This rash appears on either side of my nose and on my chin whenever I'm under stress and, believe me, I'm under stress these days. I don't normally use face makeup but the rash was so red that it was embarrassing me and I'd used an old makeup to cover it up. Thinking I should at least buy a fresh new makeup, I stood in front of the cosmetics wondering just which one I should buy.

Along came a very nice and helpful saleslady who offered to help me and, when I told her why I wanted the makeup, she led me to Eucerin "Aquaphor" healing ointment. We both knew I shouldn't cover irritated skin with makeup but I'd tried lots of different creams with not good results. She didn't sound like someone who is just trying to sell a product but someone who really cared about my problem and was doing her best to get me the best product for the job. In any case, I took her advice and bought it.

Honest to heavens, soon after the first application I saw a reduction in the reddening. By the following night, both the reddening and the rough skin was almost gone. "Aquaphor" looks like Vaseline and the ingredients say that it is 41% Petroleum but not what the other 59% is. I've been using Valseline with some success but nothing like what I got with the "Aquaphor".

If the saleslady hadn't recommended it, I never would have thought to buy it but I'm so glad I did. These recurring rashes are terribly bothersome to me and the prescription ointment I accidently left at home doesn't work near as well as the "Aquaphor".

I don't know why it works so well or what the 59% ingredient is but I don't care. It works for me.

No comments: