Monday, January 02, 2012

Winter Cold in Florida

Canada is sending down some of that cold air to Florida for the next few days. I shouldn't blame it on Canada but everyone else here does. Anyway, I added an electric blanket to my bedding when I made the bed this morning so I'm all set. It's a heady feeling to climb into a nice warm bed when the room is a little too cold for comfort and I'm looking forward to bedtime tonight.

These trailers just aren't insulated enough to keep out the cold when the temperature outside is very low. It seeps in through the poorly constructed windows and doors even when the furnace is on. I like it kind of cool so I don't use the furnace if I don't have to. Most winter days in mid Florida are sunny and it doesn't cool off until evening so it's a rare day when my furnace is required.

I'll turn on the electric blanket to a low heat about an hour before bedtime and it will be perfect when I crawl into bed. Simple pleasures, right?

No comments: