Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Furbies

People seem to either love or hate Furbies. I happen to love them and they're one of the few things I collect even though some of my Furbies do end up being sold on Ebay. My friend, Joann, has found most of the ones I have for me and they are becoming more difficult to find at yard sales every year.

For some reason, none of my present Furbies will talk. Since I don't sell untalkative Furbies, I just might be stuck with all of them, darn it. I tried new batteries to no avail but they were dollar store batteries so I'll bite the bullet and buy some at Walmart...probably the same darned batteries for 4 times the dollar store price! It doesn't seem possible that all of my Fubies lost their voices at the same time so I have hopes of hearing them all talk once again.

I've heard some people say that the Furbies gave them the creeps and I just don't understand it. They really are adorable with those big eyes and tufts of hair.

The cutest thing happened a few years ago with one of my baby Furbies. I accidently knocked it off the counter and, when it hit the floor, it yelled, "Mama!". Now, isn't that sweet?

No comments: