Sunday, February 12, 2012

Torn

I guess I'm going through some sort of phase in my life because I'm really torn about wanting time alone and wanting time with people. While I'm in Florida, it's possible to spend almost every hour of every day with people and have a darned good time doing it but every so often I like/love some solitude.

Today is supposed to be my one solitary day of the week but I've made plans to go out for dinner with friends. These are such good and fun friends that I wouldn't miss dinner with them for the world because I know we'll have tons of laughter and great conversation.

I guess I avoid making committments for Sunday but, if a real fun one comes along, I can't resist it. Now, if someone had invited me to the flea market, I could have said no but the combination of having a nice dinner out and having it with Faye, Gary, Ron, and Gerry was impossible to to resist.

When I begin to tire from all the socializing we have here, I remind myself how little I have back home and that always spurs me on to join in as much fun as I can. Last night there were 7 of us playing "65" and we shared a laughter-filled 2 1/2 hours...how could anyone resist that? Sylvia, Gail, Barb, Joann, Peggy, and Candy...I wish they all lived in my neighborhood at home so we could get together there, too. The rest of our usual bunch were at a pizza party and dance that we didn't want to attend but we did miss them. A great group of ladies that I'm fortunate to be friends with!

Well, I still have tonight and tomorrow night to be alone and I'll use the time wisely, partly on the computer and partly vegetating in front of the T.V. It's not near as much fun as being with people but we all need a bit of alone time, don't we?

No comments: