Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wells Fargo

It tickles me that my new bank here in Florida is Wells Fargo. I remember when I was a kid and going to those old western movies where Wells Fargo was robbed by horse riding cowboys wearing masks. Now, here I have a bank account in that same bank. One never knows where time and space will take them, do we?

Wells Fargo took over my old bank, Wachovia, and that's how this all came to be. I used to think Wachovia was pronounced "watch ovia" but came to learn it was pronounced "walk ovia", probably more fitting for ruthless banking systems. Anyway, I think they went belly up during the recent mini depression hurting the U.S. and good old Wells Fargo, still hanging in there all these years, took them over.

I hope Wells Fargo takes good care of my account because there's approximately $37 in there right now.

2 comments:

Saku said...

If it were a Canadian bank, that $37 would be down to nothing in a few months with the service charges. Hope Wells Fargo does better by you!

patsyrose said...

No, not at good old Scotiabank. It would be about $36 sitting there being well cared for by the safer banking system in Canada.