Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Locked In

I went into the "Ladies Room" at the restaurant today and dutifully locked myself into the cubicle, wondering again why we women need to lock ourselves in when only other women will be in that room. What are we protecting ourselves against? Do we think no-one will know we're in there having a pee? Do we think that the other women in the room aren't there for the same reason?

We flush the toilet (so that fools no-one as to why we were in there in the first place)...and then we walk out, smile at the strange ladies waiting to lock themselves in as we leave, wash our hands (although no skin has touched anything other than clean toilet paper), and walk out the door. We hear the cubicle doors click and lock as we leave. The strange ladies are now safely locked into their cubicles.

I don't know, I just have always thought there's something a little weird about this behaviour. Maybe it's just me.

No comments: