Monday, May 14, 2012

Upgraded Internet

When I got the bundle (internet, T.V., phone) with Shaw, I was advised not to bother paying for the faster internet because it supposedly wasn't much faster.  Well, I decided to get it today and it is slightly faster and that is enough for me.  I've become very impatient with how slow the pages upload even though they've been lightening fast compared to my dial-up service in Florida.  


It was a good idea for me to take note of how fast it was this morning before changing over to the faster service because it gave me a good example of the difference in speed.  Yup!, it's faster and that means my intolerance to waiting will be lessened a bit.


I've still got Bailey until tonight when Nick, Natasha, Nolan, Nash, Kim, and Cindy come over.  Nick will be cutting the lawn but the rest will be here just for a visit.  I think it will be nice enough to sit outside so I need to clean the patio furniture some time today.  I'd probably be wise to clean the outside toys, too.  I don't think Nolan will mind me doing it without him.  John (next door) borrowed 2 of the side tables on Saturday for his party and he cleaned them...bonus for me!


I guess I can plant the rest of the Impatiens I have, too, and get them out of the way.  They're all a salmon color and are going in the side garden and maybe in a pot or two if there is enough. I enjoy doing my gardening like this because it gives me more time to decide what else I need to buy.  Shopping for flowers is such a pleasant pastime and should never be done all at once.


The other day when I was outside gardening, I didn't put sunscreen on my face because I thought I wouldn't be out as long as I was and I got some sunburn.  That scares me and I won't make the same mistake again.  My face is clearing up nicely after having the liquid nitrogen spray and using a prescription face cream regularly.  I hate having to pamper myself like this but it's necessary now.  I just hope it keeps on working.


Back to the garden...I think my next purchase will be snapdragons for a couple of pots in the backyard.  They come in a lot of colors and I like to mix them together.  The pots at the front of the house will contain Portulaca so I can forget about them until the end of the month when Portulaca becomes available.


Well, enough talk and now is the time for some action!






No comments: