Saturday, June 30, 2012

Russell Peters Disappointment

Normally I love the comedy of Russell Peters but once in a while I hear one of his x-rated skits and become less of a fan.  The "F" word doesn't shock me, it just makes me wonder why someone would repeat it over and over just to get a laugh...and why do the idiots in the audience roar with laughter when they hear it?  It sort of reminds me of 8 or 9 year old boys who are titillated by the word and use it among themselves to pretend they're worldly grownups.  They sound silly.  When Russell Peters uses it constantly in a skit it seems terribly unworthy of his true talent.


I guess I'm getting old because the "F" word has become only a nonword with no value in the English language.  Over use reveals lack of language skills and is an embarrassment when heard, especially by one of my one time favorite comedians, Russell Peters.  So sad to lose you, Russell. 



2 comments:

eddro42 said...

Where and when? You can't judge just off of one bad show. I guarantee you his new stuff will bring you back!

patsyrose said...

I like to watch comedy skits on T.V...that's where I first saw Russell Peters and have loved him ever since. He seems to have 2 kinds of comedy, one using what I consider normal street language and another that's pretty foul. It's only my opinion and I'm an old gal so too many "F' words irritate me. I still think he's the best stand-up comedian around!