Sunday, July 01, 2012

Washed My Hair

It's no secret that I'm a wimp when it comes to dealing with stitches and that's never going to change.  Sometimes we just are what we are.  I put off washing my hair for 5 days so that I wouldn't have to look under the bandage on my forehead and see the stitches but enough was enough.  I washed my hair this morning and then got new bandaging ready before removing the old one.


The bandage removed easily, thank heavens...I'd worried it might stick and that would have turned my stomach.  Under it all was a stitched area about 1" long, very clean and healing nicely.  I cleaned it with the stuff they sent home with me and applied a smaller bandage.  It was all very easy and uncomplicated.


I've found that I build incidents up in my mind all out of proportion to reality and usually worry myself unnecessarily.  It's always been my way to think ahead to the worst scenario, make plans about how to deal with it, and then wait and hope it will never be that bad.  Dennis used to tell me that I died a thousand deaths because of my vivid imagination and I guess he was right.


Will I ever change?  I doubt it.  Anyway, the next bandage change won't be a problem at all and I won't have to wait 5 days to dare wash my hair.   

No comments: