Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Nice Unexciting Day

When you get older you don't need excitement in your life to make it a happy one.  Just having an uneventful day can be a blessing at times.  Today I leave with Faye and Gary for their family reunion that I've invited myself to.  I don't feel guilty at all because I happen to love a lot of the Baileys for the great family they are and I'm pretty sure they like me, too.


The sun is shining and the weather is pure Ontario summer, not too hot but hot enough.  As far as I know, my children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren are all doing fine so there's nothing to worry my little mind about there.  My house is just tidy enough to make me comfortable and my flowers are bright and colorful.  


Faye, Gary, and I will leave around 4 P.M., stop for supper, dump our luggage at the motel, and then go and spend the evening with Mary and Don.  There is no doubt that we'll have a wonderful time just gabbing.  Tomorrow is the reunion and I'm looking forward to seeing some of my special Baileys again.  Many of Faye and Gary's grandchildren will be there so I'm sure to have a baby to cuddle and a child to hug.  We'll return home on Sunday.


No, no excitement, just a couple of pleasant days spent with good people.  Who could ask for more?  

No comments: