Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dead Squirrel

Not only do squirrels try to make my house their home but it's apparently where they choose to die.  This morning I went out to clean up the patio, leaf blowing and furniture cleaning, when I was stopped in my tracks by a squirrel lying on the patio in the throws (?) of death.  It was still twitching and there was no way I'd go near it even if it was stone cold dead so I phoned Animal Control and was promised they'd be here within the hour.


I'm waiting.


Update:  A lady from Animal Control showed up within half an hour and very gently picked up the almost dead squirrel and took it out to her van where she gave it a shot to put it out of it's suffering.  She said it looked as though it had been caught in a trap so I guess at least one of my neighbors hate the little buggers as much as I do...maybe a bit more if they're laying traps.  I stood there trying hard to feel even a tinge of sorrow for the poor thing but couldn't come up with much.  The best I could do was to be glad it wasn't suffering any more.  And then to feel a little gratitude that there was one less damn squirrel in my yard.  

No comments: