Thursday, July 12, 2012

Walking the Dog

I have a pet peeve (one of many) that has to do with dog owners walking their pets and allowing them to relieve themselves on someone else's property.  I don't care that the owner usually picks up the poo in a bag, I still think they have a lot of nerve using someone else's house for their dog's bathroom instead of using their own.


This evening  I watched a man walking his 2 large dogs on long leashes that let the dogs walk almost up to the front door of my neighbor's house before pooping on the lawn.  The owner picked up his dog's leavings and wandered on down the street still allowing his pets to pee on people's bushes and lawns all the way.  He crossed the street in front of my house because I had the sprinkler on or I'm sure I would have received some unwanted doggie eliminations, too.


Where do people get off thinking they can let their animals crap or pee on someone else's property?  I've come to a time in my life when I'd light into them but I do remember one time a while back when I was too polite (stupid) to light into a woman who let her dog do his business on my lawn while I stood in my driveway.  That's bugged me ever since and it darned well won't happen again.


Dog owners, we don't want you OR your animals crapping on our lawns!  

No comments: