Monday, August 06, 2012

Aftermath

Birthdays don't hold much meaning for me anymore but, that said, it was heartwarming to have so many well wishes from friends and family.  Those people are the reason my old age has been such a pleasant place to be.


Kim, Matt, Nick, Natasha, Nolan, and Nash came over last night and we had a great time laughing at the antics of the babies.  I get Nolan all to myself this Thursday and I'm looking forward to it.  Having one of the boys just one day every two weeks is heaven.  It gives me plenty of time to myself and my own activities and then the time to really enjoy a baby all day.  The boys are so very different in personality...Nolan is a loving, very active little boy and Nash is quieter and not especially loving with me yet but I'm working on it.  


I had lunch today with Sharon and Jim and found out a little more about his upcoming surgery.  This is so scary that I'm at a loss how to handle it.  Sharon doesn't seem to be taking in the seriousness of it yet and I don't want to say anything that will put fear in her.  I guess the answers will come when they're really needed.


I slept the sleep of the pure last night with windows open wide and fresh air streaming in.  We've finally had a subtle change in the weather that will see us freed from 90 degree days and giving us cooler nights.  I'm just happy to have the air conditioning off and the doors and windows open again.  This has been a wicked hot summer and we'll have warm weather for another month or so but it looks like the terrible heat wave has ended.


Kim's afghan is finished and I was all set to start doing the embroidery on the hem when I realized all my embroidery floss is in Florida.  Damn.  Today's a holiday so I'm not sure which stores have remained open where I can buy some more and that means a day without handwork to do.  That's probably the reason I'm blundering on with this blog.


Well, I can always do housework.  Yeah, right!
  

No comments: