Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beautiful World

The beauty of our natural world can easily be forgotten because of busy lives or troubled lives but every once in a while it pays to take a closer look at what surrounds us.

I was driving home from the States last week, caught up in bumper to bumper traffic as I inched across the Queenston bridge.  It makes me a little nervous to be part of the weight of a hundred cars on that bridge and that was what was mainly on my mind but then I looked over the rail of the bridge and spotted the Niagara River below us.  It meandered and curved along the tree lined river bank, so serene.  The sky above it was blue with the occasional white cloud and the vision made me realize how fortunate we all are to have been given the gift of life for however long we're allotted.

Sometimes we forget just how beautiful this planet is.  There is so much natural beauty everywhere if we just open our eyes.  

No comments: