Friday, August 24, 2012

He Slept & He Cried


I had the day from hell with my dear little Nash today.  He came in crying, cried himself to sleep, woke up and cried, cried himself to sleep, etc., etc., etc. all day long.  I've never seen anything like it.

He was awake and quiet just long enough to eat a half bowl of beans and weiners and then the crying/sleeping cycle started all over again.  What was pitiful but funny was seeing him pull his little suitcase to the front door and try to figure out how to put his shoes on.  It would tire him and he'd fall asleep, wake up and cry, etc., etc., etc.

He has a runny nose so I'm sure he's not feeling well but I've never seen a kid carry on like this for so long.  He loved it here the last time he came and was good as gold.  Today he's a beast...but still so cute sitting at the front door with his suitcase,  a message that comes through loud and clear.

Nick called to say he'd pick him up at 5:30 P.M. and it can't come too soon for me...or for Nash.

Note:  Okay, now he's breaking my heart.  He's still sitting at the front door with his little suitcase but now he's crying and calling for his daddy.  It's so sad it's bringing tears to my eyes but there's no way I can comfort him because he cries harder when I go near him.

No comments: