Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mini Reunion

This was a mini reunion yesterday for our family.  Tammy and her family were visiting from New Brunswick so many of us got together at Adam and Yvonne's house in Oakville to welcome them.  I hadn't seen Tammy since before 2005 when Dennis passed away and she still looked as beautiful as ever, very much like my Cindy.  In fact, I mistook her for Cindy a couple of times...they're cousins so that isn't too surprising.

We had some outdoor time but rain threatened and then finally arrived so the party was moved indoors for a while.  It didn't dampen the fun, though, not with this family.

Tyson and Aeron came, too, and it was especially nice to see Aeron because I don't see her very often.  She's so beautiful that it makes my heart swell with love to look at her.  I'm prejudiced, of course, but I don't care because it's true.

Little Francis was the star of the show, though, being the youngest at 3 months of age.  He's a gorgeous baby who calmly allowed himself to be admired and passed around to waiting arms.  His Momma, Carson, was another beauty who showed no sign of having just given birth a few short months ago.

Every time I join a family gathering like this, I'm so very thankful to have married into it.  Lucky me.

Note:  I added the photo of me, Aeron, and Tyson after seeing it on Cindy's Facebook.  I really struggle with learning how to do new things on the computer but I somehow managed to transfer that photo to my blog, not entirely sure how I did it.

Note 2:  I'm getting better at this!  I added another picture from Facebook of Adam and Larry H. removing the tarp that Adam had attached to the eavestrough to cover his deck due to the approaching rain.  The wind was a little too gusty, though, so those silly men climbed back up on the roof to remove it.  I was worried that the winds would rip the eavestroughs off the house...and also worried that the men would fall off the roof!  

No comments: