Monday, August 13, 2012

Nothing Much Day

This is one of those beautiful summer days when I don't have much at all to do...a little laundry and Don coming (maybe) to finish the new screen door.  I got a flier in the mail a short while ago for "Al's Maintenance Service" offering to cut my lawn weekly for $25 so I called and set up an account.  Nick is just too busy with his work and family and I can't stand the sight of my front lawn if it isn't cut weekly so this will take another worry off my shoulders.

It's gorgeous outside this morning with a sunny sky and just a bit of breeze.  It's one of those times that I relish my solitude.  I seem to be having more times when I'm happier being alone than with a bunch of people and I wonder why the change.  Is it part of the aging process?  I still thoroughly enjoy the busy social life I have in Florida but I also love the alone time I get at home.  Being alone gives me more opportunity to do some deep thinking and processing of information.  When I had depression, alone time wasn't good for me because I wallowed in my unhappiness but in later years it's helped me do some belated growing up.  If your attitude about life is a healthy one you do well in all situations, both socially and by yourself.  My attitude has been a positive one for ages now and it sometimes amazes me at how far I've come along since the dark years.

I never use a "nothing much day" to do nothing much, though, because I have so many plans of things to do in this house.  It's more that I want to pare back than redecorate but I did decide to start replacing old furniture for new.  It won't have as much of a sticker shock if I do it gradually.  For the most part I'll still be doing a lot of discarding because that has to be done.

Well, laundry needs shuffling so I'd better do something more constructive than playing on the computer.    


No comments: