Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pre-Birthday Present

Cindy asked me for some ideas for a birthday present and I told her I really didn't need anything but would love a bouquet of fresh cut flowers and this is what she brought me.  I love it and it will give me so much pleasure each time I look at it.


She, Don, and Kyle came for a visit last night because they'll be away over the weekend (my birthday is on Sunday).  I haven't seen Kyle in a long time because he's living and going to college in Toronto so last night was a real treat for me.  I have lots of memories of caring for Kyle and his brother and sister when they were little.  Kyle was always so sweet, looking up to his bigger brother and trying to avoid his little sister's claws.  The time I spent babysitting them was one of the high points of my life.  I hope he feels the same bond with me that I feel with him.  I love him to death!


Now, I'm never lonely but I can just imagine how lonely it would be without family visiting once in a while.  When they're not here, they're on my mind and I cherish the fact that I have them.  When Shelley moved to Tampa from overseas, I was thrilled to have her close to me all winter.  I have Kim and Cindy close in the summer and Shelley close in the winter so I'm one lucky Momma!

No comments: