Thursday, September 20, 2012

another milestone

whoopee!  i can get my underwear on!  it hurts a bit to manipulate my left hand and wrist but it can now be done and that's a vast improvement from just a few days ago.  i just have to be careful not to over-twist my hand.

i don't know about men but i'll bet that most women my age would be terribly uncomfortable going out in public with no underwear on.  you're covered by outer clothing but you still feel naked.  it's early years conditioning that we can't escape.

nick is picking me up in half an hour to take me to the fracture clinic for a check-up and i'll find out then how well i'm healing. i just don't want any bad news that will keep me from heading south as planned.  people keep telling me horror stories about bone fractures that weren't healing right and had to be rebroken and reset.  my advice to everyone is to keep horror stories to yourselves.  it doesn't help.

wish me luck!

No comments: