Thursday, September 06, 2012

broken wrist

i broke my left wrist on monday so won't be capitalizing for a while.

here is the sad story as it appeared to me....

i'd driven my sister and brother-in-law across the border on friday so he could have his surgery there.  i drove over there again on saturday to bring her home.  i drove her back over on monday to pick up my brother-in-law to bring him home.  about 10 minutes from the border, we stopped at a drug store to get a prescription filled for him.  i remembered i wanted to get something there,too, and rushed to go in and get it so jim wouldn't be kept waiting on me.  i tripped on the sidewalk and fell heavily on my side and wrist.  it was obvious it was broken.  the store manager wanted to call for an ambulance but i decided to try to drive home because i didn't want jim to be stuck there when he'd just gotten out of the hospital.  i was in terrible pain on the 1 hour drive to sharon's house and asked her to call kim to take me to the hospital because i couldn't manage on my own.  it was agony to move and i couldn't open the car door to get out at the hospital.  sharon actually looked a little put out to have to do this.  then it turned out that kim was already at the hospital with matt because he'd had a convulsion.  terrifying!  jim was safely in the house and resting so i asked sharon to go to the hospital with me to help me out of the car.  she wouldn't go.  she said later that she wanted to be with jim.  i was so hurt that she couldn't give me possibly an hour when i was in need.  i drove to the hospital knowing i'd have to wait for someone to notice me to help me out of the car, crying my eyes out as much from my sister not helping me as from the pain i was in.  i sat in the parked car at the hospital for only moments before my precious grandson, nick, pulled up beside me and took over.  i've lost all trust and faith in my sister and won't ever feel the same way about her again.  it's too bad.  cindy came to the hospital as soon as she found out and kim came after she'd taken matt home.  cindy stayed with me through 2 hospitals and finally took me home about midnight.  she drove me to the hospital on tuesday for surgery, stayed with me all day...my surgery was cancelled due to an emergency...and then drove me home, only to drive me back on wednesday morning when i did have the surgery.  she left around noon because she had a dentist appointment but faye came to wait for me.  i was in recovery for 4 1/2 hours because i couldn't stay awake...anesthetic affects me like that.  i sent faye home at 4;30 because kim would be there after work about 5;30 to take me home.  i am truly blessed with a lot of wonderful family.  matt underwent all sorts of tests and nothing was found but he's on anti-seizure medication awaiting the neurologist's report.  i'm so worried for him and can only hope this was a one time anomaly.           

No comments: