Sunday, September 02, 2012

New Hairdresser

One of my biggest dislikes is breaking in a new hairdresser.  It has to be a major cause of stress for most women because we are so fussy about our hair.  I lost my favorite hairdresser this summer because she lives too far away so I tried Kim's hairdresser out.  She did an excellent cut but the price ($58) was outrageous so now I've found a new lady to cut my hair for $30.  I tried her out today and she did a very good job so she's a keeper.

Why do hairdressers think that all old ladies like puffy hair?  I hate puffy, perfect, heavily hairsprayed hairdos and prefer a shaggy cut that blows in the wind and looks natural.  I think I have the cut now but it will have to flatten down a bit to make me happy.

My hair has a lot of white streaks in it now and I love it.  The back seems to have stayed darker but I'm so happy that I never gave in and dyed it in earlier years.  I did consider having pale blonde streaks put in at one time but decided I wouldn't like to be bothered with the upkeep.  Smart move on my part.

Well, I'm happy with the cut given by a brand new hairdresser so all is right in my little world...well, almost.


No comments: