Saturday, September 01, 2012

Hamilton Spectator/editor Paul Berton

Hamilton is a large city of approximately 500,000 people and this is our local newspaper.  I can't help but be angry that the editor, Paul Berton, sees fit to put this kind of crap on the front page when there is real and important issues all around the world that deserves front page attention.  Featured here are 2 football players who, at some point in their career, were let go.  Big friggin' deal!  This is front page news??  Not only that but there are 5 full pages (not in the sports section) devoted to telling us the sad stories of how 5 football players were shocked and hurt the day they were dropped from the team.  Again...big friggin' deal!

When Paul Berton took over as editor of our newspaper in 2010, he changed the format of the newspaper to what it is today, crappy and confusing and totally mixed up.  I dropped my subscription the day the front page story was much like this one only featuring Angelo Mosca, another old football player.  What is the deal about old football players being front page news?

If I had an alternative newspaper I'd take it but this is all we have here and so I held my nose and renewed my subscription.  It's so irritating, though, that  I may be forced to get a subscription to a Toronto newspaper instead.

No comments: