Saturday, September 22, 2012

ikea lamps

now this might not be everyone's cup of tea when it comes to livingroom lamps but i'm in love!  i knew exactly the shape i wanted...tubular or columnar...but couldn't find one i wanted to live with.  the few i did find were too expensive or just not right.  the other day i went onto the ikea website and saw these lamps, liked them a lot but thought they might be too short at 19".  the price...$25...also had me wondering about the quality.

my sweet kim picked me up this morning at 7 A.M. to help me with the yard sale at the salvation army, stuck it out till 11:30 and then offered to take me to ikea.  bless her!  we packed everything up and kim toted it all down to the rec room and we took off for ikea.  we only did the main floor because my energy was draining fast but it was long enough for me to find the lamps and buy them.    

i couldn't believe it but they came in small flat boxes and ended up being a sort of build-it-yourself lamp.  i was in no hurry to put them together but kim's curiosity couldn't wait so she quickly assembled them in no time at all.  i just love them and know they'll look perfect on my danish modern end tables once i get them sanded and stained in the spring.

i think they're pretty darned cool and you can't beat the price.


No comments: