Wednesday, September 12, 2012

matt's seizure

matt had a seizure on sept. 3rd, seemingly from out of nowhere and, so far, with no known cause.  he's scheduled to have an eeg and an mri in 4-6 weeks so we can only hope that the seizure is a one time occurrence which won't happen again.  

i don't know how people cope when their child (or grandchild) has a serious illness.  my mind won't accept that my precious matthew might have a serious problem and i'll be grateful for every day that goes by where he's perfectly fine.  something inside me is almost positive that this will be the case.  let's hope so.  

i read on the internet that 10% of the population will have at least one seizure in their lifetime so i'm hoping with all my heart that this was matt's one and only.  i won't be able to relax my worries about him, though, until he's gone at least a year with no repeat seizure. 

No comments: