Tuesday, September 18, 2012

pain affecting mind

i was awakened in the middle of the night by an exceptionally  sharp stab of pain in the vicinity of the break and it scared the beejezus out of me.  my mind went rampant, thinking the break had somehow separated...i was told it was now held together with metal strips but i can't even imagine what that looks like.  then i wondered if the incision had let go.  i'm continuing to have those sharp pains in the same spot so thank heavens i have my check-up in 2 days. my greatest hope is that the break is in place and healing well...but my fears will haunt me until i know for sure.

i have a very active imagination and usually fear the worst.  i worry about things that could or could not happen.  it's a curse!

not everyone is like this and i'm so jealous of people who can glide through life unhindered by often groundless fears.  aeron went skydiving on her holidays and i'm really proud that she has the guts to experience something like that.  her life will be fuller than mine ever could have been because she isn't overly fearful of expanding her horizons.  we should all be like her.

then i read on facebook that marilee described me as demure.  i was shocked because somewhere inside me is an unconventional wild woman just aching to make her appearance.  unfortunately, she's buried under tons of fears, both real and unrealized so she might not ever see the light of day.

sigh! 


No comments: