Saturday, October 13, 2012

cast off in 5 days

one of the things i wondered about with having a cast is how bad the itching would be.  well, it hasn't been bad at all and now that "cast off" is only 5 days away i'm sure the worst is behind me.  what i had the worst problem with was not being able to put on underwear for the first few weeks.  it's still not an easy undertaking because i have to be careful not to twist my left arm too much but it's just fine if i do it slowly and carefully.

i still get weird sensations in my left arm and hand, almost like something has kinked and i picture that as tendons and muscles rearranging themselves.  heaven only knows what is actually happening in there but i feel assured it will all straighten itself out as the healing continues.

today will be a do-nothing day for me...there is lots i can do but i'm not going to do any work just because that's how i'm feeling today.  i do want to go out and buy some dark eye shadow to use on my eyebrows, though, because i don't like the white in them. i do like the white in my hair!  speaking of my hair, having the use of one hand makes hair styling almost impossible and that bugs me.  i like to look neat and tidy even when at home but it's so hard to get my hair looking decent.

i've been sipping coffee all morning and watching house flipper shows on t.v., learning that my own house is hopelessly outdated but not caring too much.  when i sell this house one of the conditions will be that i can come back in a year to see what improvements the new owners made.  unless they paint all the walls black, i know i'll be thrilled to see it in a new light.

well, i guess i should at least get dressed.


No comments: