Saturday, October 20, 2012

Exercising The Wrist

I'm a little disappointed in the stiffness in my wrist and fingers since having the cast removed.  I expected it partly but thought everything would loosen up quickly.  It appears this won't happen soon enough for me but it is what it is.  I'm not used to hurting because I'm fortunate enough not to suffer from arthritis so daily pain and discomfort is a big irritant to me.  I'm wearing a soft brace to bed and when I go out just to offer protection from banging my arm.  I don't think it would do any damage but it would probably hurt a lot.

The doctor did say that I don't need to worry about overstretching my wrist during exercise so that's one less worry.  I do rotations and up and down stretches while I'm watching T.V. which hurt but aren't debilitating.  I'm even typing with both hands now with only minimal difficulty.  The top of my hand and fingers are still swollen so maybe a lot of the stiffness will go away once the swelling is gone.

All in all, this isn't the worst thing one can go through so I'll just keep on trucking and do the best I can until this is just a nasty memory. 

No comments: