Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Age Of Losses

I don't mind getting old.  What makes me sad is that we old folk seem to lose too many old friends every year.  Sometimes it's someone who has been in our lives forever and sometimes it's someone we are just getting to know and like but then, too soon, they reach the end of their days on earth and are gone.  Being old means that not only are your own days numbered but so are those of your peers.

I don't take good enough care of myself to outlive too many of the old people I love but I have thought how awful it would be to   find at the end of your life that you're the only one left.  How lonely that would be.  

I lost another friend today and it's made me feel just a little bit more fragile...as though a part of me has broken away.  

No comments: