Friday, November 16, 2012

Sick Baby

Yesterday my baby, Shelley, called to say she was sick and would I come over to Tampa to drive her to the doctor if she wasn't any better today.  Of course I would!!  My baby may be 48 years old but she's still my baby and the most important purpose I have on this earth is to take care of my babies.

I worried all night long, wondering what the heck could be causing her tummy pains and thinking frightening thoughts.  Morning arrived and the phone rang.  Shelley is fine.  My world suddenly brightened again as the worries slipped right off my shoulders.

Every time one of my children, grandchildren, or greatgrandchildren get sick, I find myself wishing I'd never had kids because I worry about them so much.  Then I think of all the joy they bring me and I'm ever thankful again for their presence.

Motherhood is a precious gift but it does have it's drawbacks.  I wouldn't have wanted to live my life without my babies, though.

No comments: