Friday, November 16, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

I received an e-mail about random acts of kindness, some of which were deliberate like prepaying another's meal or highway toll but most were awe inspiring.

One that affected me the most was of a person walking beside and holding an umbrella over a legless man on his little wheeled platform.  That is true kindness for our fellow man.

I think that what we tend to refer to as manners can also be called acts of kindness, like holding the door open for a stranger or helping them carry loads of groceries to their car.  There are so many little things that we do to make another's life just a tiny bit easier and that's what we should remember when hearing of the evils done in this world.  If we weren't facing more good and kind people than the evil ones every day, it wouldn't be safe to leave the house.

Acts of kindness are never lost on me and each one makes me want to be a better person myself.  Who knows, maybe a few acts of kindness might have changed the lives of some of those evil people out there.

No comments: