Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tech Support

When I have to call my internet server for tech support, I always apologize in advance for my lack of computer knowledge.  This morning I was having some weird problem trying to get on the internet so I called Boingo.

First I got a very nice young lady who carefully explained everything to me even though I had no idea what the hell she was talking about.  Nonetheless, I did what she told me to do on the computer but still couldn't access the internet.

Then she passed me on to some Asian man with a strong accent I had trouble understanding...not to mention that I still didn't know what the hell he was talking about even when I did understand him.  He wasn't so nice.  At times he sounded like he couldn't believe that computer illiterates like me hadn't died off with the dinasaurs.  He even yelped in shock a few times when I couldn't follow his instructions.  Then he passed me on to another, nicer man.

The new, nice man talked to me like I was severely mentally handicapped but that worked.  I was soon back on the internet not having the foggiest notion why I hadn't been able to get on in the first place.

It's a good thing I don't give a hoot how dumb I sound to computer techs.

No comments: