Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Welcoming

Two of my friends are on their way to my Florida park to spend the winter.  It raises my spirits to welcome old friends to the park every year...they seem to arrive here every few days right up until January so there are plenty of chances.  These are usually people I'll only see during the winter so we do make the most of it while we're here, seeing each other almost daily.  If I allowed it, my heart would be saddened to think there will come a day in the future when I won't get to see them at all but I try not to think that way.

Anyway, there will be many days between the end of October and the beginning of January when a sweet friend will drop back into my life here and that does make me happy.  These are all good people, ones everyone would love to have for neighbors.  Sylvia and I were talking yesterday about how many good people there are here and how lucky we were to have found them.

Some of the Americans choose to sell their northern homes and move to the Florida park full time just because of the great people here.  I sometimes wish that, as a Canadian, I had that opportunity but I'm not sure I could stand summers in Florida even with my Shelley living so close.  The occasional hurricanes are another deterrent.

Well, I'll take what I have for as long as I can afford it and as long as my health holds up.  5 1/2 months in Florida for the winter is a blessing in my life that I'll always be grateful for.

No comments: