Tuesday, December 04, 2012

At 72, I Had to Prove I was Over 18!

These alcoholic drinks are sold at the dollar stores, Publix, and Walmart and they're pretty darned good...especially for $2!  Today, Sylvia and I (69 & 72 years old) went into the dollar store and bought some of them.  At the check-out, the cashier looked at me and said I had to be over 18 to buy them and she'd need to see I.D. with my birth date on it.  I laughed and thanked her...but she was dead serious!  She said that it was the law and she could lose her job if she didn't insist on seeing the I.D. of ANYONE buying alcohol.

Just when you think you've seen and heard everything ridiculous in this world, something new and stupid comes along.  I, with my wrinkles and grey hair, pulled out my passport and showed it to her.  She scanned it carefully.  After all, I could be a 15 year old in disguise, right!

Sylvia went through the same scrutiny and we two senior ladies walked out with our purchases having successfully proved legally that we were over the age of 18.

What a nutty world!



 


No comments: