Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Breakfast With Friends

I had mentioned to Faye that, though I'm never lonely, I do find Christmas morning alone a little icky.  It just seems wrong somehow to wake up to one of the merriest days of the year and have no-one to talk to but myself.  Faye suggested I invite Barb, another widow, over on Christmas morning for coffee and whatever food I could scrounge up but I decided to invite Barb out to a restaurant instead.  Caroline and Charles came with us and we had a lovely time chatting and chomping down pancakes.  It did make a difference knowing I would have company on Christmas morning.  I woke up refreshed and totally looking forward to breakfast and then the dinner we'd all have together at the clubhouse later on in the day.

I still enjoy my alone time but, for whatever reason, being alone on Christmas morning just wasn't pleasurable for me.  Thank heavens Faye found me a simple solution and I'm hoping it will become a new tradition for me for the next few years while I'm still able to spend the winter in Florida.  I haven't decide yet how I'll spend Christmas morning once I have to do it in Canada but I'm sure I'll think of a good way when the time comes.

Barb, Caroline, Charles, and I went to Perkins for our breakfast and found it to be fairly busy but with plenty of room for us...and maybe more of us if anyone else decides to come with us next year.  The food was great and our waiter was one of the best I've ever had.  All in all, it was an experience I hope to repeat again and again.

Sometimes, a simple suggestion can make a big difference in one's life.

No comments: