Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December in Florida



Picture #1 shows a pot of geraniums I brought down from home plus some white impatiens.

Picture #2 shows a Christmas Cactus I bought last winter and which sat all summer in the Florida heat only to begin to bloom again just this past week.

Picture #3 shows a pot full of variegated impatiens and white impatiens which survived the Florida summer and only needed a bit of pruning when I got back down here in October.  It really never stopped blooming but it does look much fuller and healthier after being trimmed back.

These are just a few of the plants I have around the patio and it gives me great pleasure to be able to do a bit of gardening all year round.  You'd think that the vicious heat they experience in Florida during the summer would burn these plants up but that doesn't seem to happen.  They just get a bit straggly and that's why I trim them back a bit when I get here and they very quickly begin to thrive.

Gardening is good for the soul. 

No comments: