Friday, January 04, 2013

Compliments

All of my life I've had trouble accepting compliments, no matter how small, and that's because I don't feel deserving.  Sad fact but true.  I'll point out all the flaws in whatever is being complimented and ruin the moment.  Faye often tells me to accept compliments graciously...and I try but it's a battle for me.

Today I received a compliment that wasn't directed at me but was for me nonetheless.  It was our coffee morning at my trailer and it was filled to the brim with ladies.  It was one of those days when so many arrived that some were forced to sit very close to the bathroom (my trailer is like a shotgun house...livingroom right into kitchen right into bathroom right into bedroom).  Someone mentioned how much they enjoy our coffee morning and Jo replied that it was her favorite day of the week.  I felt so good hearing that and I didn't even have to be gracious.  I just had to sit quietly and let the good feeling settle around me.

I'm always saying how many good, good people stay in this park and we seem to have gathered a lot of them around us.  Coffee morning is always filled with laughter and sometimes even useful information but it's the laughter that's the draw.

Kathleen said that a day with laughter means one more day added to the end of our lives.  If that's the case, I'm adding at least 6 months to my life every single year.     

No comments: