Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Time With Jake

I got to spend the last 3 days with Jake while his parents went on a cruise.  It makes me feel so good that I can finally help them out a bit because for most of Jake's life, they lived too far away for me to babysit.  Now Jake isn't a baby anymore but that just makes it easier for me.  He's interesting, very bright, polite, and cute as a bug's ear and he seems to not mind my company so all is good.

Shelley is an excellent cook and mine is sub par but Jake was a trouper and ate most of what I prepared for him.  Of course, he was supposed to cook and I was supposed to clean up but he had loads of homework so it ended up with me doing both cooking and clean-up.  No problem!

Shelley and John got home earlier today than I'd expected so I packed up and headed back to the park with plenty of sunlight left to see me home.  A quick supper and then I went over to the clubhouse to play cards.  

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Jake but it's always nice to sleep in your own bed, isn't it?  I'll sleep well tonight!  

No comments: