Sunday, February 17, 2013

Patience and Kindness

I get  a lot of my inspiration for a blog by reading Facebook and today someone posted a photo and story about an elderly couple coping lovingly with the wife's illness.  This reminded me how often I see instances of loving and caring devotion right here in my senior park.  It is pretty well a daily occurrence so I'd almost come to take it for granted instead of the beautiful thing it really is.

There are many couples here with one mate who needs extra help because of illness or frailty and it touches the heart to watch how well their wife or husband takes such wonderful care of them.  You have to remember that all seniors develop certain struggles of their own as they age so it's endearing to watch one senior looking after another.  

And then there are quite a few widows (widowers get grabbed up quickly) here who know they can count on many, many friends to come to their aid whenever needed.  No-one ever has to feel alone or helpless while they're here in this park and that's one of the reasons I stay.  For the most part, I see people here every day who make me want to be a better person.  We're blessed.  

No comments: