Monday, April 22, 2013

New Phones

Shelley bought me 3 cordless phones a couple of years ago and their batteries all went dead this Spring.  Interesting.  Trying to find new batteries for them came as a shock because, not only weren't any to be found, but they would each cost $30 if and when the stores restocked them.  Interesting.

So I decided to buy new phones and hiked myself over to XSCargo which is a fine discount store to find lower priced items.  There I found the same set, same make of 3 phones for $40.  Interesting.  I bought them and am now in the process of trying to program them.  Not interesting and not fun.  I did get the time set, or so I thought, but it never changed so now I'm wondering what I did wrong.  I may have to settle for never being able to tell the time by looking at the phone...no big deal.

Now I have 3 not so old phones that will have to be disposed of.  I also have a fairly new cell phone that I'll never be able to add minutes to because that can't be done if you let the original minutes run out without renewing them.  I can't use the phone in Canada so why buy minutes for it?  I'll keep it just to use 911 if the need arises (I hope it never does).  I know we are a disposable society but this kind of waste is deplorable.

While I was running the roads, Linda continued cleaning my house and has now completed about half of it.  She'll complete the other half next week.  It is so pleasurable to watch my house begin to sparkle, all with me just sitting on my butt and playing on the computer or doing some Swedish weaving.  I think I was born for this kind of life but somehow ended up in the wrong families.  Just kidding!  But I honestly do love being pampered like this.   

No comments: