Monday, April 22, 2013

Proud Gramma

Two of my granddaughters have just graduated from university and will be attending grad school this year.  To say I'm proud of them is so understated.  They are doing what I wish with all my heart I'd done, too.  They are achieving all the goals I should have set for myself.  They are my legacy, though.

I guess all parents want more for their children than they've reached themselves and I've planted seeds of desire for high achievement in my children's and grandchildren's ears since they were born.  The goal has never been for monetary gain (but that's good, too) but for education and work ethic.  My babies have that in spades!

It's education that freed the slaves and downtrodden women.  The more you know the less you can be taken advantage of by an individual or by a government.  I once amazed my Kyle by saying that human beings never stop learning but what's important is that you never WANT to stop learning.  Each of us carries such a tiny bit of knowledge compared to what is available to us in this world so we'll never run out of things to learn that will profit us.

To my precious granddaughters, Aeron & Lisette, you are an inspiration to the generations that will come after you.  I'm not forgetting Nicole who is an engineering student.  You young ladies amaze me with what you've become.  I love you, forever and always.   

No comments: